Assistance for tree, timberland problems available

Hoke and Scotland counties have had significant damage from Hurricane Florence. Following is some information to help with recovery.

— For evaluating potential tree damage, especially if you have trees leaning on your property, it is best to contact a certified arborist (tree care professional). The NC State Extension Gardening Portal has a helpful website on assessing storm-damaged trees. Learn what is involved in hiring tree care professionals, as well as how to locate arborists certified by the International Society of Arboriculture or

— If you have forest or timberland on your property, visit the NC State Extension Forestry page on Resources for Storm Damage Recovery for Forest Landowners

— The NC State Extension Disaster Portal has additional resources on home storm preparation and recovery.

If there are further questions, contact Hoke County Cooperative Extension at 910-875-3461 or Scotland County at 910-277-2422 (Scotland County offices were flooded, so if there is not an answer, call the Hoke County offices).