Scotland County NAACP to aid returning students
Laurinburg City Hall moves ahead despite protests
Scotland issued heat warning
Willis files for reelection to Laurinburg seat
Pittenger praises air base’s WWII role
- Scotland County NAACP to aid returning students - 9:25 am
- Laurinburg City Hall moves ahead despite protests - 9:12 pm updated: 12:49 pm.
- Scotland issued heat warning - 7:44 am
- Deputies: Laurinburg man steals tractor - 7:43 am
- Crime report - 7:43 am
- Willis files for reelection to Laurinburg seat - 7:42 am
- Fuch to help set geriatric standards - 7:40 am
- Laurinburg: Planned project expenses were necessary - 10:15 pm
- Storm brings Scotland County outages, flooding - 10:14 pm
- County board to look at bond for schools, projects - 10:13 pm
- Wreck sends one to hospital - 10:12 pm
- McColl man arrested for fraud - 10:12 pm
- Sheriff: Car thief nabbed in Ohio - 10:11 pm
- Family fears retaliation by nursing home - 11:57 am
- Lawmakers review last session - 11:56 am
- Smart Start helps teens reach goals - 11:56 am
- Parker promoted to Lt. colonel - 11:55 am
- Williamson files for Laurinburg District 2 seat - 9:52 pm updated: 8:14 am.
- Input sought on Laurinburg City Hall financing - 9:44 pm
- Safety Town shows by example - 9:42 pm
- Scotland lawmakers to talk policy at annual breakfast - 9:24 am
- Scotland Girl Scouts earn Silver Award - 6:56 am
- Scotland County’s Londyn Clark wins Little Miss Lumbee title - 11:35 pm updated: 10:05 am.
- Hammond, Giles file for Scotland County municipal elections - 10:25 pm
- Coal ash neighbors: Don’t raise rates as pollution lingers - 4:47 pm
County board to look at bond for schools, projects
LAURINBURG – The Scotland County Board of Commissioners will discuss how to pay for everal projects over the next few weeks including expanding ...
Wreck sends one to hospital
LAURINBURG – A wrong-way driver is responsible for a wreck that resulted in the rescue squad using the “Jaws of Life” to extricate a...
McColl man arrested for fraud
LAURINBURG – Scotland County Sheriff’s Office have arrested a South Carolina man they say attempted to defraud a relative and an insurance...
Sheriff: Car thief nabbed in Ohio
LAURINBURG – Scotland County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a man they say stole a vehicle from a Laurinburg company and fled town.Lavern K...
Family fears retaliation by nursing home
LAURINBURG – The family of a patient at a Scotland County nursing home say the facility is evicting their mother in retribution for complaining ...
Lawmakers review last session
LAURINBURG —Scotland County educators could see more money in their wallets over the next two years, according to members of the local legislati...
Area golf championship celebrates 32 years
LAURINBURG — Scotch Meadows Country Club and Deercroft Golf Club will play host to the Exteriors “R” Us 2017 Area Championship of Sc...
Excited for fall sports with the Scots
When an athletics program is as accomplished as Scotlands each season begins with heightened expectations. Fans, near and far, expect a certain level ...
Lady Scots to hold tennis clinic
LAURINBURG — The Lady Scots tennis program will be holding a clinic June 24-27 for any high school girls interested in playing the sport this fa...
Creating depth a top priority for Scots
LAURINBURG — The depth chart for the Fighting Scots is thinner than head coach Richard Bailey is used to seeing, especially with the 2017 season...
East-West All-Star Games just around the corner
LAURINBURG — The 69th annual East-West All-Star Games are just one week away.The East-West All-Star Games feature players who have just graduate...
NCDOT bringing Church Street up to snuff
LAURINBURG – The North Carolina Department of Transportation will be spending $1.5 million this summer to make upgrades to sidewalks and the roa...
Men arrested on gun charges
LAURINBURG – Police have arrested two Laurinburg men on felony gun charges following a traffic stop early Tuesday morning.Brock Rush, 27, of Ral...
Scotland HS Class of 2017
Scotland High School senior Karfa Kaba smiles with his carnation in his mouth after receiving his diploma during Scotland’s 50th commencement ex...
Scotland High School seniors receive over $2.5 million in scholarships
LAURINBURG — Seniors at Scotland High School were awarded millions of dollars in scholarships during the school’s annual Senior Awards pro...
School additions to now cost $18 mil.
LAURINBURG — School officials got their first look at the plans for the additions to Sycamore Lane and Laurel Hill Elementary schools during thi...
Senate bill could change Scotland County’s eligibility for food stamps
RALEIGH – Hidden in the depths of the state Senate’s 2017/18 budget is language that would kick hundreds of Scotland County households off...
Exchange program built bond
It was 1988 and Dr. Thomas Benson of St. Andrews University left on a mission. The coming year - 1989 would mark the 250th anniversary of the first sh...
Supporting children who worry
Anxiety is a normal part of everyone’s life as it is a natural body response to danger or fear. For example, if a child sees a rattlesnake on th...
City has lost sight of its role
To the Editor,Enough is enough! The issue of a new city hall has turned into a personal battle. The city council has lost sight of its role for the ta...
First Footers share common experience
It was late summer of 1967 and the new Scotland High School was about to open its doors and consolidate many of the other high schools in Scotland Cou...
This past February when the right-wing writer Milo Yiannopoulos was scheduled to speak at the University of California, Berkeley, hundreds of proteste...
Letter: More guns no answer
To the editor:Peter, Paul and Mary sang “where have all the flowers gone, long time passing” but “where have all the people gone, go...